AdBrite

Your Ad Here

If acting fails, I’ll try singing: Parineeti

Actors Parineeti Chopra and Arjun Kapoor, the lead pair of Ishaqzaade, that releases this month, were in the Capital to promote their film. Parineeti, 23, who made her debut with Ladies VS Ricky Bahl (2011) does not seem worried about her fate as an actor.

“If I flop as an actor, it’s only singing that will come to my rescue,” says Parineeti, who is trained as a classical singer. “I have never grown up wanting to be an actor, so any film I do, I have the same expectation that the film should do well,” she says.
Parineeti Chopra (HT Photo: Manoj Verma)


When asked if being a cousin of actor Priyanka Chopra has helped in her career, she says, “No, I carved my own way. I was in the marketing team of Yash Raj, where Maneesh Sharma and Aditya Chopra spotted me and thought I would be perfect for Dimpy Chaddha’s role in Ladies VS Ricky Bahl. Priyanka did not recommend me to anyone.”

However, she added that Priyanka is the only one she can turn to for advice.

Talking about co-star Arjun Kapoor, 26, who makes his debut with the film, she says, “I hated him on the first day of the shoot. But now we are good friends. He taught me how to ride a bike, and I love pulling his leg all the time.”

News24Hour.biz